Guidelines and Policies
I222Pet Sitting visits are 7 days a week beginning at 7:00 a.m. The latest regular visits are
scheduled for 9:00pm., although bedtime visits are available for $5 more until 10pm.
- Visit times: Platinum Pet Sitting will visit at the requested times as closely as possible. However, if we are caring for multiple pets, the times may be shifted a little to accommodate our clients. We will do our very best to arrive at the appointed times
- Inclement Weather: Primarily severe storms, hurricanes. Platinum Pet Sitting will try to carry out your instructions to the best of our ability. The care we provide to our customer’s pets and their safety is of primary concern but please understand safety for our sitters. The inclement weather plan will be as follows:
- Every effort will be made to drive to your home;
- The service schedule may be changed, interrupted, or altered due to circumstances;
- If is not possible to drive safely to your home, your emergency contact will be notified,
- You will be notified that the above-mentioned contingency plan has been activated.
- Additional Pet Care Assistance and Other Scheduled Services: We all want our pets to have all the love and attention they deserve, but please be advised that if there are other persons entering and leaving your home, Platinum Pet Sitting cannot be held liable for any damages or problems that may arise as a result. Please inform us at the time of the consultation or booking of anyone who may have access to your home while you are away. This includes cleaning services, repair people, friends, family and neighbors. Platinum Pet Sitting does not accept liability for other persons who will be in your home during pet care.
- Vaccinations/Immunizations: Platinum Pet Sitting requires that all pets have the necessary vaccinations and immunizations before service begins. We may ask to see expiration dates for rabies vaccinations. If this is of concern to you, please discuss.
- Unforeseen purchases: Platinum Pet Sitting will purchase pet food, litter, cleaning supplies or other necessary items that contribute to the health and well being of your pet while you are absent. We will retain a receipt and the pet owner is responsible for reimbursement of these items in addition to a $25 trip fee.
- Pet waste: Platinum Pet Sitting will properly dispose of all pet waste. We do request that you provide plastic bags for this purpose and indicate where you would like these waste bags disposed.
- Leashes: All dogs will be required to be on leash during outdoor walks. We really do prefer 5 or 6 foot leashes and NOT retractable leashes for safety reasons.
- Medications: Platinum Pet Sitting will attempt to administer medications as directed but cannot be held responsible for complications that arise as a result. Excessively shy cats with medical problems can be a serious risk. If you have such an animal, this must be thoroughly discussed. Under no circumstances will Platinum Pet Sitting service any pet that has any form of contagious illness. This is for the safety of other customers. If a Platinum Pet Sitting pet care provider is bitten or exposed to any disease or ailment received from the client’s pet(s) which has not been properly or currently vaccinated, the client will be responsible for all costs and damages that may incur.
- Fences: Fenced in yards are wonderful playgrounds for our dogs and allow them additional space to exercise and play. However, no fence system is totally secure. Platinum Pet Sitting does not accept responsibility or liability for any client’s animals that escape or become lost or injured, fatal or otherwise, when instructed to leave the clients animals in a fenced in area. This includes electronic, wood, metal or any other type of fence.
- Other dogs: We will not permit your dogs to interact with strange dogs. If stray dogs that are off leash approach, we will do our best to keep interaction at a minimum and move away from them.
- House Cleanliness: Platinum Pet Sitting will clean up after your pets to the best of our ability. Please inform us of the designated area for the appropriate cleaning supplies. If there are accidents above and beyond the normal amount anticipated, Platinum Pet Sitting will charge a reasonable fee for cleanup time.
- Household Emergencies: Please leave the name and number of a trusted maintenance company or a person you can rely on to attend to any household emergencies that may arise during your absence. This includes but is not limited to; leaking pipes, malfunctioning water heaters and heating and air units.
- Thermostats: Please leave your thermostat settings within a normal comfortable range (68-78°F). If the house temperature is outside of this range, Platinum Pet Sitting will adjust the thermostat. This is to ensure the health and comfort of your pets and during our time of service.
- Early Returns/Last minute Changes: It is not unusual for trip plans to change at the last minute. However, please understand that Platinum Pet Sitting carefully schedules our time to service you and our other clients. Therefore, there are no refunds or credits for early returns or last minute changes to pet care. Once pet care begins, there are no refunds.
- Cancellations: If you cancel more than 24 hours but it is within 3 days prior to the first day of your scheduled service period you will incur a fee of 25% of the total service provided you are cancelling. Within 24 hours of services: Cancellations will be charged full price for the first 72 hours of visits, then 25% for the remaining visits. Due to the exclusive nature of overnight bookings, our pet sitters must decline all requests for overnights that coincide with the dates you have booked. Therefore, we charge a $50 per night cancellation fee, if the job is cancelled 2 weeks or less prior to the job start. We do charge 100% for the first 72 hours and then the $50 per night overnight fee is assessed after the 72 hours. Holiday Visit Cancellations: Please understand we are very busy for all holiday visits and have to turn down some people and if visits are canceled in the last few days prior to service, we can’t fill those spots. Any cancellation within 2 weeks prior to the first scheduled visit, will be charged a 50% charge and within 3 days 100%.
- Cancellations for Mid-Day Service: A 24-hour notice is required prior to the next scheduled visit. Otherwise payment is due for the time originally agreed upon. Recurring clients must cancel prior to 9 am for sickness and a credit will be issued
- Termination of Mid-Day Service: Please provide Platinum Pet Sitting with a full week notice in the event mid-day service is no longer needed. If a week notice is not provided, payment is due for the service originally agreed upon.
- Lockboxes: Platinum Pet Sitting does require that all clients utilize a key storage lockbox so that we may access your home and pet safely and securely. We will provide a lockbox as part of the $25 registration fee and the lockbox is yours. You will receive it during the meet n’ greet and you choose the code. We do require 2 keys be in the lockbox in case a key breaks or there is any issue with a key.
- Keys: We will not retain any keys at Platinum Pet Sitting. The only exception that will be made is if there is an issue where a lockbox will not be permitted
- Payment: Platinum Pet Sitting uses WePay Process for payment so ACH or Credit Cards may be used. Payment is due two (2) days prior to the first visit or 7 days for Holiday visit. Payment is considered late if not received at the time of the first visit. There is a 10-day grace period following the date of the last visit before 3% late fees are charged.
- Profile Updates: Please provide us with any changes regarding your pets’ care and other pertinent information. This would include your emergency contact, a change in your pets, a change in veterinarian, change in food, etc. You may do this in your client portal where you registered or by email to info@PlatinumPetSitting.com.
I have read, understand and agree to the policies and guidelines of Platinum Pet Sitting Pet Sitting Services, LLC).